I’ve used sleeping bag liners for travel or camping my whole life. My first sleeping bag liner was something that my mother made… literally to line our sleeping bags. We did a LOT of camping, but it was back in the days when high-tech camping gear was either expensive or completely unavailable. So lining our cotton sleeping bag with a flannel sheet was the only way to sleep through a cold night.
Here’s why a sleeping bag liner is a must for anyone who enjoys camping or adventurous travel:
- Many hostels require you to bring your own sheets. That’s why Brad and I bought silk travel sheets for cycle touring.
- Sleeping bags are hard to clean… however, a sleeping bag liner can easily be thrown into a washing machine.
- They are perfect for making a sleeping bag warmer.
- Also handy for those hot summer nights when you don’t need a sleeping bag at all.
- We mostly use our sleeping sheets in our shabin. But they are also handy for boats, RVs, or any place where typically sized sheets won’t fit.