This Mediterranean lentil salad is one of my standard go-to dishes. Honestly, we probably eat it every other week in the summer. (In the winter, we’re mostly into lentil soups.) The list of reasons why we eat so much lentil salad is pretty much endless:
- Everybody likes it.
- I can make a huge batch, lasting for several meals.
- Served with a slice of bread or a sprinkle of sunflower seeds, it’s a complete meal in one simple dish.
- Perfect for picnics, potlucks, barbecues and no-fuss school lunches.
- Dried lentils are affordable, cook quickly and are full of protein and fibre.
- It’s the sort of salad that can be made with whatever you have in the fridge. While I’ve suggested tomatoes and carrots, feel free to add cucumber, steamed broccoli, sweet peas, coloured peppers, sauteed kale. Really anything goes!
- It’s vegan, gluten-free, heart-healthy, gut-healthy and so, so easy!