Berries & Barnacles would love to have your voice be part of our blog. We want to create a community of like-minded individuals, celebrating a simple and healthy lifestyle. At the moment we can’t afford to pay for articles, however, you can include a backlink to your own website or online profile.
Berries & Barnacles only publishes new content. In addition, Berries & Barnacles retains publication rights on all guest posts. We don’t allow republishing on your own blog or in any other publication. However, you can link back to the original article published on Berries & Barnacles.
Before submitting to Berries & Barnacles, read a few of our blog posts to get a feel for the topics and tone of the blog.
If you are an established blogger, then feel free to pitch without a writing sample. However, if you are a new writer, then please submit a full draft of your guest post so that we can get an idea of your writing style.
Here are a few more things to consider when writing a guest post:
- Blog posts generally fall between 700 to 1200 words.
- Guest posts should be written in a typical blog style, with subheadings, short paragraphs and bullet-point lists.
- Guest posts should be written from your perspective. Put yourself into the article to make it more interesting, then include some take-home advice for readers.
- We are not interested in articles that are advertising a product, program or your own website. Guest posts are not just about advertising. However, you can include a link back to your website in your bio.
If we decide to publish your guest post, then you may be asked to provide some photographs. In general, we require at least 3, high-quality photographs shared through google photos or dropbox. It’s fine to include more, allowing us to pick and choose our favorites.
The photos will be edited so that they fit the uniform style of Berries & Barnacles. They will also be turned into graphics for marketing on social media.
An author bio is optional, however, it does help our readers connect to you and your writing. Here are a few things you may want to include in your bio:
- Your name, website and links to your social media accounts
- A few sentences about why you have chosen to write about your particular topic. Share your expertise.
- It’s always fun to include one random fact about yourself. For example, Emillie has a love of chocolate that borders on an obsession.